Living in Shanghai I have seen various companies come and go, all selling the same plans from Generali, RL360, and Friends Provident International. Same goes for the advisors, they show up, work for 3 years, maybe switch to another company for 3 years, and finally leave. Their clients are left behind ('orphaned' as they call it) with nobody to manage their plan or even answer their calls.

Running a US registered investment advisory in Shanghai, a lot of our clients have told us about their problems with these savings plans. Most foreigners have an orphaned account, while Americans find out that they are not even allowed to have these plans.

I have gone through all the fine print of the contracts of these companies to figure out exactly what the fees are (anywhere from 4-8% depending on your situation). I have determined for every plan the best way to salvage the situation, whether that is making changes to the plan or surrendering it all together.

Shoot me an email if you have any questions you think I might be able to answer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Generali Worldwide Savings Plan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Pissed_Consumer_ITH

I have also been ripped off by generali Guernsey and lost 85,000 EUR. Has anybody taken legal action on this ?

What is the outcome ?

Perhaps we can all sue Generali as a group ? If you have or know people who have also been scammed with Generali eccessive Administration charges & fees, please all sign the petition https://chn.ge/2M5KfaS and send me a mail (imrana.thiam@gmail.com) I will try to group all of us in a legal procedure.